It is the vision of all staff and governors to provide a happy and effective school where every child is a valued, thinking, active and responsive learner and each is encouraged to develop his/her own talents to the full.
Learning and teaching is to be of the highest quality in order to meet individual needs. This will lead to excellent standards of achievement and the opportunity for each pupil to realise her or his learning potential. Our pupils will become confident, independent and happy lifelong learners who take responsibility for their choices in a diverse and rapidly changing world.
Meysey Hampton Church of England School will promote the broadest possible personal development of pupils and staff. Spiritual, moral, social, cultural, physical, emotional and creative development will be set in the context of the school’s Christian ethos. In particular we will seek to stimulate in our pupils the values of love, friendship, respect, forgiveness, teamwork, perseverance and hope. These values will define the way we view the world; our personal relationships, and our vision for the school. The school is a place where pupils and staff are cared for and trusted and where they learn to care for and trust one other.
- to create a happy and vibrant environment in which each child will feel he/she has a place and purpose and will develop a love of learning
- to help children understand that courtesy, good manners and consideration for others are important values
- to ensure that each child begins to acquire worthwhile attitudes, values and beliefs
- to ensure a command for spoken and written English and in so doing, develop the ability to communicate fluently with other people
- to develop knowledge, understanding and application of mathematics
- to develop and apply the skills of Information Technology
- to awaken scientific curiosity, environmental interest and technical skills
- to encourage appreciation of life through music, drama and creative arts
- to help all children acquire knowledge, skills and practical abilities and the will to use these appropriately
- to develop an awareness and appreciation of our local and national heritage through historical, geographical and religious studies
- to provide involvement in and enjoyment of a range of physical activities
The School Ethos
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the church.
Meysey Hampton Church of England Primary School seeks to serve its community by providing excellent and creative education in a Christian setting.
Believing that all people are created and loved by God, Meysey Hampton Church of England School has a real and deep concern for each individual, rooted in an ethos which welcomes and affirms. All are to feel valued and each pupil is to have the very best chance of personal and educational development.